Now Accepting Applications!
If you enjoy helping others, working in a team environment and want to use your language skills to help your community, then look no further.
At Connecting Cultures, Inc., interpreting is not just a job, it's a career. Apply today and get started on your journey toward becoming a professional healthcare interpreter.
Your're not just a number, you're a part of our TEAM!
Connecting Cultures,Inc. is proud to offer full-time positions with competitive wage and benefits packages for all our employees.
Job Description: Healthcare Interpreter
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Workday may start before 8:00 a.m. and end after 5:00 p.m. based on fluctuating business needs
- Individual shares on-call responsibilities with other individuals on their language team
- Work requires willingness to be flexible in scheduling and does require evening and weekend interpreting hours
- Facilitate effective communication between the company's customers and their limited English proficient clients
- Adhere to healthcare healthcare interpreter code of ethics and company standards of practice and service
- Build a positive team environment and professional relationships with all internal and external customers
- Use effective problem solving and critical thinking skills to adapt to challenges inherent to meeting the demands of Connecting Cultures,Inc. and its customers
Continued Professional Development
- Continuously learn additional concepts, skills, and information relevant to healthcare interpreting, industry, and business knowledge both independently and collaboratively and in both formal and informal learning environments
- Internal duties as required to complete both company and department tasks
- Advanced high proficiency in language pairs as described by the ATCFL speaking proficiency guidelines and ratings
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to complete the company's proprietary interpreter training program or have completed another qualified interpreter training program
- Capable of meeting the learning objectives in a specified length of time
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective self-management
- Ability to work within a diverse environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- US healthcare system
- Broad understanding of both cultures and ability to convey cultural concepts to others
- Healthcare terminology and concepts
- Professional business etiquette
- Stand for long periods of time
- Sit for long periods of time
- Lengthy work hours
- Ability to perform within varying times of a 24-hour period
- Mobility to go from one location/exam room to another quickly
- Good hand dexterity
- Ability to drive in all weather and traffic conditions
- Classroom setting
- Healthcare setting
- Professional office setting
- Geographic service area
- Sights, smells and events associated with health care
- Computer, software and web applications
- Multiline phone system
- Cell phone
- Mobile applications
- Computer audio/video equipment
- Dependable car/valid driver’s license required